Updox Video Chat
Questions and Answers for Patients on the Updox Video Chat Platform
We recommend Safari for iOS and Chrome or Firefox Android
For laptops and desktops, a webcam and microphone are required
(Please make sure Any text to speech Dictation products (Nuance and Dragon products) are not running. Those programs will claim the microphone and will not allow video chat to proceed.)
Be sure - for PC's and Laptops - that Webcam Access protection is turned off if your Anti-virus program/software supports it
iPhone Audio Tip:
If you hear an echo of your own voice, tap the mic icon, turn it off and turn it back on this should remove echo!
- Click the link on the text message or email.
- Click Allow webcam/camera.
- Click Allow microphone.
- Be sure to check your mobile device battery charge to ensure you have plenty of power.
- Plug in your device when in doubt.
- A strong Wi-Fi signal is highly recommended.
- This page includes info on supported devices and browsers as well as troubleshooting tips.
Q: What are the bandwidth requirements for Video Chat?
A: Here's are the requirements: